Welcome to Class 4
The teachers working in our class are Mrs Shaw and Miss Melvin. Every morning, after registration we split into groups for a phonics session where we will be learning how to blend and segment words. Most mornings this will be followed by an English lesson. After break we have Maths taking us up to lunchtime. Our school promotes basic skills and we appreciate your support. Children have an English and Maths target which are updated regularly.
During the summer term we will be learning about the following topics:
- Science - Plants and Floating and Sinking.
- Computing -Computer Science/ Painting.
- PE - Games skills, Athletics and Dance.
- RE - What does it mean to belong to Christianity/Visiting a place of worship.
- Art - Cityscapes and Landscapes
- DT - Homes
- Music Your imagination
- PHSE - One Life
- French - Story and topic work.
Important things you can do to support your child:
- Please read at home every day with your child and send the reading book to school daily.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday and should be handed in by the following Tuesday. All log in details and passwords are in the homework book.
- All children need to keep their PE kit in school as PE times can change. Ear rings must be removed or covered with plasters (Please provide plasters).
- Children need to bring a school bag each day for their reading book and school letters.
The teachers are available at the end of the day to support you with any queries. We will be adding photos to our class page through the year.