Our 'School Aims' stress the positive aspects of living and working in a rich and diverse society. Discrimination on the basis of colour, culture, origin, gender or disability is unacceptable in Hadrian Primary school. We expect that every child and adult within the school community will endeavour to further this objective by personally contributing towards a happy and caring environment and by showing respect for, and appreciation of, each other as individuals. We acknowledge the complexity of British society. We seek to emphasize the common elements and values of our modern society. In this respect we regard ourselves as a fully inclusive school.
Our aim is to equip children with an awareness of an increasingly diverse society and of presenting the world as it is and how we would like it to be. From this basis, children will develop their own attitudes to the society and world they live in.
Hadrian Primary school promotes high achievement and learning for life working with children to:
· fulfil their own potential
· achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum
· develop enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity
· be motivated, enthusiastic learners
· demonstrate independence and self-discipline
· be able to work collaboratively and as part of a team
· have high self-esteem, respecting themselves, others and the environment
· become responsible citizens of the future