Welcome to the Class 3 page! We are a Year 1 class and our teachers are Mrs Shaw, Mrs Noble and Miss Melvin.
This term our work includes:
- English - Writing in sentences, story-telling/story writing, good and bad characters, patterned and predictable language stories, factual writing, descriptive language and inference.
- SPAG - Spellings linked to phonics and high frequency words, joining words and clauses, capital letters and exclamation marks, correct letter formation and sizing.
- Maths- Power Maths, time, number bonds to 10, problem solving and reasoning, introduction to length and height, addition and subtraction within 20, 2D and 3D shapes, weight and volume.
- Computing- E-safety, algorithms and digital imagery.
- Science - Winter (seasons) and everyday materials.
- PE- multi-skills and games (throwing and catching).
- History - Nurturing nurses.
- Geography - Maps.
- R.E- How is the Qu'ran sacred and why did Jesus tell stories?
- Art - Colour chaos
- D.T. - Structures (playgrounds) and textiles (pouches).
- Music - Superheroes (pitch and tempo) and Classical music.
- PSHE - Hygiene, growing and changing, different families, being healthy, personal goals, feelings, being proud and special, staying calm and relaxed.