Welcome to Class 3 and a brand new school year! We are a Year 1 class and our teachers are Mrs Shaw and Miss Melvin.
This term our work includes:
- English - Poetry, story-telling and story writing, narrative, recount, sequencing, drama, role-play, labels, lists and captions.
- SPAG - Spellings linked to phonics, spelling common exception words, combining words to make a sentence using capital letters, full stops and finger spaces, capital letters for dates, names, places and the pronoun I, joining words and clauses and correct letter formation.
- Maths- Power Maths, numbers to 10/20, part-whole within 10, addition and subtraction within 10 and 2D and 3D shapes.
- Computing- E-safety. Getting Started. Programming Bee Bots.
- Science - Animals including humans and seasonal changes (Autumn/Winter).
- PE- Gymnastics.
- History - The great fire of London.
- Geography - Wonderful weather.
- R.E- Hanukah and why is light important at Christmas?
- D.T. - Mechanisms, moving story books.
- PSHE - Making a class charter, getting to know each other, making friends, understanding why we fall out, angry feelings, bullying, hazards in the home, problem solving, happy play times and making choices.
- Music - All about me (Pulse and rhythm), Fairy tales, timbre and rhythmic patterns.
- Art - Bonfire Night, Art and Design Skills.