Welcome to Class 4
The teachers working in our class are Mrs Shaw and Miss Melvin. Every morning, after registration we split into groups for a phonics session where we will be learning how to blend and segment words. Most mornings this will be followed by an English lesson. After break we have Maths taking us up to lunchtime. Our school promotes basic skills and we will appreciate your support. Children have an English and Maths target which are updated regularly.
During the spring term we will be learning about the following topics:
- Science - Animals including Humans ad Plants.
- Computing -Information Technology / Digital Literacy.
- PE - Games skills/ Dance.
- Geography - Let's go to China.
- History - Famous People from the past
- RE - The Qu'ran/ Stories of Jesus
- Art - Colour Chaos
- DT - Puppets
- Music - In the Groove
- PHSE - Hygiene / Growing and Changing / Different families / Being Healthy/ Personal Goals / Likes and Dislikes / Being proud and special / Feeling worried/ Staying relaxed and calm/Standing up for yourself
- French - Pencil case items/classroom objects.
Important things to support your child:
- Please read at home every day with your child and send the reading book to school daily.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday and should be handed in by the following Tuesday. All log in details and passwords are in the homework book.
- All children need to keep their PE kit in school as PE times can change. Ear rings must be removed or covered with plasters (Please provide plasters).
- Children need to bring a school bag each day for their reading book and school letters.
The teachers are available at the end of the day to support you with any queries. We will be adding photos to our class page through the year.