Welcome to Class 4
The teachers working in our class are Mrs Shaw and Miss Melvin. Every morning, after registration we split into groups for a phonics session where we will be learning how to blend and segment words. Most mornings this will be followed by English and Guided Reading. After break we have Maths taking us up to lunchtime. Our school promotes basic skills and we will appreciate your support. Children have an English and Maths target which are updated regularly. Continuous provision allowing children challenge and choice is incorporated throughout the day.
During the autumn term Foundation subjects are gradually introduced. We will be learning about the following topics:
- Science - Seasonal Changes-Autumn and Winter / Everyday Materials.
- Computing - E safety / Digital Literacy.
- PE - Multi-skills / Gymnastics.
- Geography - Wonderful Weather.
- History - The Great Fire of London
- RE - Hanukkah / Why is light important at Christmas?
- Art - Andy Goldsworthy
- DT - Moving pictures
- Music - Harvest / Hey You! / Christmas production
- PHSE - Making a class charter / Getting to know each other / Problem Solving / Happy Playtimes / Making Choices / How to make friends / Understanding why we fall out / Angry Feelings / Bullying
- French - Recap commands / 0-12 / Greetings / Traditional Tale - Christmas
Important things to support your child:
- Please read at home every day with your child and send the reading book to school daily.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday and should be handed in by the following Tuesday. All log in details and passwords are in the homework book.
- All children need to keep their PE kit in school as PE times can change. Ear rings must be removed or covered with plasters (Please provide plasters).
- Children need to bring a school bag each day for their reading book and school letters.
The teachers are available at the end of the day to support you with any queries. We will be adding photos to our class page through the year.