Welcome to Class 5
The teachers working in our class are Miss Wright, Miss Pippin and Miss Bonar. Every morning, after registration we split into groups for a phonics session where we will be learning how to blend and segment words. This will be followed by an English lesson. After break we have Maths taking us up to lunchtime.
Our school promotes basic skills and we will appreciate your support. In the foundation subjects we will be learning about the following topics.
- Science-Seasonal Changes and Senses.
- Computing- Online safety/ Digital Literacy
- PE- Multi skills/ Gymnastics
- Geography- The UK and Ireland including Capital Cities.
- History- Significant national events. Bonfire night (Guy Fawkes)
- RE-Why the Bible is special to Christians/ Christmas.
- Art- Self Portraits.
- DT- Christmas cards/ calendars.
- Music- Harvest and Christmas songs/ Sounds interesting.
- PHSE- New beginnings/ getting on and falling out.
- French- Commands/Greetings/Numbers/Christmas
Important things to support your child:
- Please read at home every day with your child and send the reading book to school daily.
- When homework starts it will be given out on a Thursday and should be handed in by the following Tuesday.
- All children need to keep their PE kit in school as PE times can change. It will usually be on a Monday and ear rings must be removed or covered with plasters (Please provide plasters).
- Children need to bring a school bag each day for their reading book and school letters.
The teachers are available at the end of the day to support you with any queries. We will be adding photos to our class page through the year.