Equality Objectives Statement
Hadrian Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.
- To increase the number of children gaining GLD in EYFS.
- To narrow the gap between the attainment of boys and girls in writing at the end of Key Stage 1.
- To narrow the gap between the attainment of boys and girls in reading at the end of Key Stage 2.
- To allow equal access to information for all parents.
- To ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
It is unlawful for a school to discriminate by treating individuals less favourably because of their:
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
Children and young people under the age of 18 have limited protection under the Age characteristic. It is lawful to treat people differently because of their age in circumstances where the law allows, or requires, people to be treated differently because of their age.
You can download our equal opportunities policy and accessibility plan below.